Complete the registration form and answer a few questions to help us confirm your identity.
The Benefits of Experian ConnectSM
Request access to your tenant's credit history
When you run background checks for tenants through Experian, you can be assured you are seeing the tenant's verified information directly from the credit bureau and not from a potentially fraudulent printout, fax or scanned copy. Understand your obligations under the FCRA. Learn More
- Send A Request – All you need is the prospective tenant's name and email address to start a tenant background check
- Get Authorization – Tenants will purchase their credit report and score for $19.95 and grant you private access
- Check Tenant's Credit – You will receive a notification when their credit report is ready for you. View Sample Report
Check and grant access to your credit report
Take control of who view your credit file. Grant access to your personal credit report for up to 30 days at a time, to the people you trust. Know your rights under the FCRA.
- No Monthly Subscription – Pay only when you need your own personal credit report and score ($19.95 + tax, if applicable in your state). The option to share your report is included in the price. View Sample Report
- Share Your Report – Grant access to the people you know and trust — like your landlord, doctor, lawyer or financial adviser for no additional charge. Learn More
- Know Your Credit Score – We calculate your credit score by using the VantageScore® model. Good Score | Learn More
You may be eligible to view a free Credit Snapshot if one of our participating members --lenders or credit grantors-- has accessed your Experian credit report as a result of your initial application for credit (e.g. applying for a credit card or a loan) within the last 60 days. Some participating members may use credit reports from several consumer reporting agencies. Ask your lender if they accessed your Experian credit report.
Who can use Experian Connect?
Our services are available to landlords and tenants that:
- Can verify some personal information about themselves
- Have a valid Social Security Number
- Are at least 18 years of age
- Do not have a Security Freeze or Fraud Alert on their credit
How much does it cost to join Experian Connect?
There is no charge to create an account, verify your identity or check your prospective tenant's credit.
Why should I create an account?
- No membership fee and No monthly minimums
- Receive credit reports for tenants without a site inspection
- Submit a tenant's basic information (Name and Email) and receive tenant reports directly from the credit bureau
What should I look for in the tenant's credit report?
Verify that their identity information matches what's in their rental application. Look for a history of late payments, collection accounts, charged offs or major issues such as bankruptcies, tax liens and evictions. Calculate current debt to ensure they can afford the rent payment. Contact the tenant’s employer and previous landlords.
How can a landlord report credit on a tenant?
Experian is the first and only CRA to include rental payment data in credit reports. Our RentBureau® division receives rental payment histories every 24 hours. You will help your tenants build a credit history when you allow them to contribute their rental payment history.
Why VantageScore instead of FICO?
VantageScore® is a new credit score model developed by the three national credit reporting companies — Experian, TransUnion and Equifax. Score Range | Good Credit Score
Good to Know
- There is no charge for this identity verification process.
- Verifying your identity does not affect your credit score.
- Your Name and Social Security number will be locked to your account and you will no longer be able to edit them once you have successfully been "verified".
Why do I need to answer these questions?
To help prevent fraud, the use of most services on this site require all members to have their identity "verified".
What should I do if I can't answer a question?
Answer all questions to the best of your ability. If needed, gather any necessary documentation before trying again.